Lemarchand Dispensary has an abundance of knowledge and experience in compounding cosmetic mixtures. Using ingredients such as glycolic acid, retinoic acid, hydroquinone, kojic acid, finasteride, and minoxidil, we develop high-quality blends for treating conditions such as hyperpigmentation (dark spots), wrinkles, acne, and hair loss.
We have developed relationships with dermatologists and other prescribers who treat patients with cosmetic conditions to ensure our patients receive the most up-to-date and reliable treatments possible. Using our experience and knowledge, we can choose the right base creams to deliver ingredients to the skin, ensuring the desired result is met. Our bases are specifically designed for cosmetic use, including some that our in-house professionals have developed.
What kind of cosmetic compounds can we make?
- Lemarchand can make a number of anti-aging and lightening preparations
- We use a number of different ingredients such as hydroquinone and kojic acid (skin lightening), retinoic acid/vitamin A (new skin cell generator), and vitamin C (antioxidant, prevents UV damage to the skin)
- In our lab, we use waterless gels that are designed specifically for cosmetic purposes, reduce chance of oxidation, and can give us up to 6 month beyond use dates
My skin is irritated after using the medications, what should I do?
- It is not uncommon to experience skin irritation at the beginning of treatment. We generally recommended building tolerance to the medication. Apply for 2 hours per day then increase to 4 hours, then overnight. This regimen should decrease irritation and increase tolerance.
Can I still use my regular skin care?
- The most important part of your skin care routine should always be a good sunscreen. While using cosmetic creams it is important to use SPF 50+ each day as some ingredients may make your skin more sensitive to the sun. Other skin care may bee used in combination with your prescribed cream but it is always best to consult a HCP to ensure there is no duplication of therapy